Amblyz™ glasses are Electronic eyeglasses, used to treat amblyopia (or lazy eye), by intermittent shuttering of one of the lenses. Amblyz™ glasses are worn the same way as normal optical glasses.
Amblyz™ glasses have been developed by XPAND in conjunction with world-renowned ophthalmologists and optometrists. The technology was tested in clinical settings and proven safe and efficient. Well established peer reviewed scientific journals have reviewed these results and published articles describing the therapeutic effect of our Amblyz™ glasses.
- Amblyz™ glasses are a device for treatment of amblyopia. Its basic operating principle is to occlude the healthy eye in regular and intermittent periods to force the amblyopic eye to function and develop.
- Amblyz™ glasses should be recommended by ophthalmologist. Opticians will set up your child’s Amblyz™ glasses. The child should wear Amblyz™ glasses throughout the day no matter the activity.
- The battery of the device should be recharged every night. The occlusion of the good eye will be performed automatically with prescribed intervals.
Benefits of Amblyz™ Glasses
• No hourly monitoring administration required by parents.
• Periodical occlusion is more convenient to the child in his daily activities thus increases compliance.
• Periodical occlusion enforces binocular vision exercise.
• Technology allows patient/child to enjoy an active, normal lifestyle.
• Better patient compliance means increased efficiency of treatment.
Who are Amblyz™ Glasses for?
Amblyz™ glasses are to be recommended by patient‘s ophthalmologist, but generally they are appropriate for children with amblyopia of all ages.
How can parents get Amblyz™ Glasses for their children?
If parents are interested in Amblyz™ glasses, please call us at 2388 0905 or they can also talk to their eye care professional. They can get Amblyz™ glasses from ophthalmologists and some optometrists. The customer buys the product at the clinics, where the nose piece is adjusted and the device is programmed to shutter over the correct eye.
The programming does not demand any special skills and there is no need for any extra hardware, except the glasses themselves. The patient wears the glasses all day for a determined length of time. The battery should be recharged every night with the cable that is part of the product package.
Below are some resources that may be helpful for you to talk to your eye care professional: